Happy Thursday loves!
I’ve been wanting to do a Get to Know Me Tag “the beauty blogger version” for the longest time! So I thought I’d do it today 😀
I actually found this tag from Katie at the From My Vanity and liked the question so why not!
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight? Oh its naturally curly. When I was in college, I’d straighten it often as compared to now. I’m trying to get enjoy my natural curly hair and I’m having fun trying out natural products.
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon? First time I ever dyed/highlighted my hair was at a salon. However after that, I just dye my hair at home: a reddish brown shade
3. Do you do your own mani/pedi at home or go to a salon? To be honest, I’ve only had my nails done once at a salon. Never had a pedi at a salon either. That’s one of my goals before the year is over!
4. How often do you change your nail polish? Hmmmm, I’d say about every week or so but sometimes you just need that break and let your nails breath.
5. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer? For me, I’m always updating my nail polish on my toes. I just don’t like having my toes bare lol.
6. How long does it take for you to do your makeup? Umm, it depends! It can range from 10-30 minutes. It depends on how glam I want my makeup and what I’m doing that day. On a simple day, a little bit of moisturizer, BB cream, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara and maybe a light lip balm depending on my mood.
7. What do you do first? Eyes or face? I’ve been trying to start applying the eyes first just because there’s always a tendency of fall out. So the days I remember, I’ll do the eyes first. However though, I would put moisturizer and primer first before anything.
8. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it? Ooh that’s an effy one :p If I see a sale going on and I love that product, I’ll buy it just because it’s on sale! Either way, I’ll use it eventually! For example, I already have the L’Oreal Voluminous Paradise mascara but I saw it on sale, so I bought it. I don’t plan on buying beauty products without using it. I was at the mall recently and ran into a makeup store and they were selling their individual shadows for $5! I don’t know about you, but thats pretty cheap so I had to buy it. And guess what?! I still use it!
9. How often do you use false lashes? I’ve only worn false lashes probably 4 times in my life and 2 of those were when I was in beauty school! I’m more of a mascara kinda gal.
10. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday? No, not every day. Just the days I feel like it or have a get together with some friends.
11. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family? Yes when I’m in the creative mood. Also if I have a get-together with extended family, I’ll wear makeup!
12. Will you leave the house without makeup? Sometimes yes and no. When I haven’t had a good night sleep, I’ll wear makeup. If I’m at work at 5am, 99% of the time, I won’t wear it.
13. How many high-end products do you have? Hmmmm…Does Urban Decay and Origins count? lol If yes, then I’ve got about 8. Urban Decay’s Naked Heat Palette, Origins Mattifying Moisturizer, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, Urban Decay Meltdown Makeup Remover, Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume and Kat von D liquid lipstick. I’ve even have 2 Betsy Johnson purses.
14. . Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed? For the most part, I plan my OOTD when I’m getting dressed. But when it comes to events or a date, then yes I’ll plan it!
15. How often do you change your handbag? I’m actively growing my handbag collection but at the moment, I’ll change it about 4 times.
16. What’s your favorite skincare brand and/or makeup product at the moment? I’m loving the Bliss Triple Oxygen skincare line. Just a little tip, you can find expensive brand names at Marshalls and TJMaxx. I’m also loving the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette!
17. How often or when do you workout? I’m probably the worst when it comes to working out. I try to go to the gym 2-3 times a week and if I can’t, then I’ll take a walk in my neighborhood.
18. . Left handed or right handed? Lefty! When I was studying at the university, they actually had seats for lefties.
19. How tall are you? I’m 5’0 🙂
20. Do you speak any foreign languages? Yes I do speak Arabic. I understand it more than speaking it but you know what? At least it’s something. Just a little sneak peek: Ezayek means how are you in the feminine term. :p
21. How many pets do you have? At the moment, I have one dog. He’s a daschound pitbull mix and such a sweetie pie!
22. How often are you on WordPress? A few times a week ranging from once a week to 4 times a week.
23. Do you read comments posted on blogs? Yes of course, I love reading people’s opinions!
24. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts? Yes, from blog posts, Instagram and Youtube
25. How did you come up with your blog name? Hmmm, I wanted something unique and something to match me so this is how I got it. Blooming since I love florals. Beauty because of course anything beauty wise! I included Bites becaise I’m such a foodie and plan on posting more food blog posts!
26. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs? I actually use my iPhone 7 camera at the moment.
27. What photo apps do you use to edit photos? I use A Color Story on my phone and while I’m on the computer, I use Fotor and Picmonkey.
28. What time do you go to sleep and wake up? Oooh, this is a tough one. When I’m working, I’ll try to sleep by 10pm-11pm and wake up about 5am or 6am depending on what time I start. On my days off though, I’ll sleep late and attempt to wake up by 8am or 9am.
29. What’s your favorite color? Umm, I actually have 3: silver, black and pink.
30. Do you swear? I try not to, but it happens.
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day? Run some errands and then off to a Book launch for “The Mask of Masculinity” by Lewis Howes! Extremely excited for that one!
Now first time ever to do this but I tag 5 other Beauty Bloggers to do this fun tag:
Arielle – With All My Affection
Brianna – Online Beauty Finds
New Lune – New Lune
Sydney Rose – Her Unusual Journey
Marione – No Strings Attached