Happy Thursday loves!
I’ve recently have been getting interested in listening to podcasts. Sometimes you get tired of the same songs playing over and over, right? Or is it just me!? Since my last birthday, I’ve wanted to change many things about myself including self-development, so rightly so, most of my podcasts I listen to are all about that!
Top 5 Podcasts!
- Achieve Your Goals with Hal Elrod: this is my very first podcast I followed and listened to. I first heard about Hal Elrod by Bestselling Author of: The Morning Miracle. This guy has been through hell and back and yet still has the energy to create a 30 day Miracle Morning challenge. I have so much respect for him! This again is my first book I purchased after realizing I wanted to change myself for the better! A few of his guests would be: Drew Canole, Robert Kiyosaki, and David Osborn.
- The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes: He’s a bestselling author, an entrepreneur and a former pro athlete. He brings in other celebrities and well known guests who help you find out what makes people great. A few people he’s had on this podcast: Maria Sharapova, Kyle Maynard, and Mark Manson!
- The Art of Charm: Social Science – This is actually one of the top 5 podcasts for Business, with over 700 episodes and has about 3.8m of downloads per month. He brings in guests to talk about improving your career, confidence and life in general! Some of his guests have been: Shaquille O’Neil, Vanessa Van Edwards, Jim Kwik, and Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- 10% Happier with Dan Harris: Dan Harris is a skeptical, fidgety ABC newsman who had a panic attack on Good Morning America. He has speakers talk about meditation and different ways to deal with stress. He’s also an bestselling author “10% Happier:Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics”. LeAnn Rimes, Rich Roll, and even Gary Vaynerchuk have been guests on his show!
- Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu: It’s a business and mindset-focused interview show that teaches anyone and everyone the secret to success. He’s a serial entrepeneur and co-founder of Quest Nutrition. His favorite quote: BE LEGENDARY! He’s brought in a lot of guests, both international and domestic. Some honarable mentions of his guests: Bassem Yousseff (the Egyptian Jon Stewart!), again Vanessa Van Edwards, Noah Galloway, and Mel Robbins. He’s all about the mindset, and usually includes The Matrix.
*Another reason why I love these podcasts, is that even though these podcasts are pretty much different: they bring in some of the same guests and you still get a benefit of listening to different topics!
There you have it folks! What do you guys think? Do you have any podcasts you recommend? 🙂
Happy Thursday loves!
I came across a frame at Dollar Tree and just needed to snap a picture and buy it!
First of all, its a floral design with the first huge cursive word. Second, I saw the word Bloom and took it as a sign as it’s for me!
*Bloom where you are planted*
Happy Thursday loves!
Apparently this week is all different post wise! I’ve been on a book shopping spree and I’m loving my recent purchase. I’ve long past the romance fiction reading phase and now I’m into self help books. (*Thats what happens when you turn 30!*) 😛
My recent purchase was: You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero. I really have been enjoying self help books that speak their mind and don’t sugar coat things! I personally love having the idea of having people tell me straight out what’s going on.
I’ve been jumping around the pages finding a feel for the book and I came across: “If you want to live a life you’ve never lived, you have to do things you’ve never done.”
Have you guys read any interesting books lately? I would love to hear it!
Happy Wednesday loves!
I’m giving a sneak peak of one of the books I’ve started reading. I’ve barely started it so give me a week till I can fully review it, but from what I can tell, it seems like a great book!
It’s called “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck” by Mark Manson. It’s a counter-intuitive approach to living a good life.
I can’t wait to read it and tell you my review!
Have you read any good books lately?
I figured I’d do a little something different than my usual posts. In high school, I used to write oh so many poems. Some of them didn’t rhyme and some did. This is my favorite one that I’ve written. I hope you enjoy it 🙂
What is a rose?
What is a red rose,
when lovers give it to one another?
When in their hands, it fades and dies,
so will their love.
What is a yellow rose,
symbolize in friendship?
The friends we have had in the past,
the present and the future.
What is a white rose,
represent in a wedding?
To remind us that we do have a love,
Even though we may not be aware of it.
So what is a rose,
in all colors and all occasions?
To remind us of life,
the good and the bad.
I have a few other poems on the poetry.com site if you guys are interested in reading them. 🙂
Don’t you just hate going to a store knowing what you’re going to buy but you end up buying more things than you expected?! Sadly I was a victim to this, this past week.
A book called About Face by Scott Barnes ( a makeup artist) 🙂
Wet N Wild MegaLast nail polish in 204B Private Viewing
RIMMEL ScandalEyes Waterproof Eyeliner in 004 Taupe
Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara in Ultra Black
Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in 50 Forest Fatale
I’m pretty excited to reading the book. 😀 and trying the Maybelline Pigments
*Dreams are illustrations from the book, your soul is writing about you. -Marsha Norman