I hope everyone is enjoying their week! 🙂
I wanted to do something new and this my first time doing a subscription box review. I previously signed up for the Conscious Box a few weeks ago. Thanks to Facebook! haha they had a sponsored advertisement mentioning that I could get my first month free just pay the shipping fee which was about $5. There’s two available options
1. The Taster- monthly samples
2. The Plus-with more samples and a few full size premium product
There’s also 3 different varieties: Classic, Vegan or Gluten Free.
I’ll show you guys what I received in my box! 🙂
ECOVER Dishwasher Tablets:
- Contains: 2 free automatic dishwasher tablets. Power, effective cleaning. *Phosphate and chlorine free *Biodegradable * Not tested on animals.
Sadly I don’t own a dishwasher so I’ll probably give this away to a friend or a family member who has one! 😦
Plum Kid Fruit and Veggie Shreddz:
- Chewy and organic healthy kids snack *Made with real fruit and veggies *Perfect lunchbox snack
Even though I don’t have any children,it’s a great snack for any age.
Weleda Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner:
- Certified Natural Hair Care
- Oat Replenished Shampoo: With it’s delicate scent, this shampoo smoothes the hair’s surface, and reduces breakage and split ends and improves suppleness.
- Oat Replenishing Conditioner: With it’s delicate scent, this conditioner smoothes hair’s surface, adds moisture and restores the hair’s natural resillence.
Annie’s Homegrown Bunnies:
- Whole Grain Graham Snacks *No Artificial flavors, synthetic colors or synthetic preservatives *8g of Whole Grains
Crystal Body Deodorant Towelettes:
- No Aluminum Chlorohydrate, Parabens, Phthalates, or Fragrnace *Prevents Body Odor all day *Leaves no white residue on skin *Hypoallergenic, Dermatologist Tested, Non-sticky, Non-staining
- Available at CVS stores and CVS.com
I personally love any type of deodorant towelettes. It’s a great way to get refreshed when you’re on the go, either at work, the gym or traveling. Not too strong of a scent and does the job right!
Allimax 100% Allicin Capsules:
- A garlic powder capsule that is odor controlled *Maintenance One capsule daily *Certified Bio-Active *Scientifically tested *Supports Your Body’s Natural Defenses *Combats: athelets foot, arthritis, bites, C-Difficile, Colds, Eczema, Flu, Diarrhea, Nail fungus, Wounds, Fungal infections, Viral infections
Spatone pur Absorb Iron:
- Feeling tired/fatigued? Take this by itself or dilute it in half a cup of fruit juice or water. *Don’t use grape juice *Gentle daily iron provider *Easily absorbed and gentle on your stomach *100% Natural Liquid Iron Supplement
- Clinically proven high absorption *less side effects *no additives *gentle dose *convenient
Nordic Naturals Omega Boost:
- 525mg Omega-3s in just 1 teaspoon * Dietary Supplement for Heart, Brain and Immune System *Creamy, delicious mango flavor the whole family will love *Fast absorption for a tasty boost of Omega-3s
Raw Rev 1o0 Bar:
- Non GMO Project Verified *Kosher *Vegan *Dairy-free *Vegetarian *Gluten-free *Organic
- ingredients: organic cashews, organic sunflower seeds, organic dates *organic agave nectar, organic spirulina powder and organic sprouted flax seed.
When I first saw this, I was a bit intimidated due to seeing it green. However, after I did try it, I loved it! It’s not too sweet, healthy and it does fill you up. I like the fact that they do have cashews, sunflower seed kernels and dates.
I don’t have an exact picture of it because I was so intrigued that I ate it before I could take a picture of it!
Lastly, I received a Serengetee Fabric Swatch.
- Customizable shirts & bags with Fabric from around all the world.
I honestly wouldn’t order another Conscious Box just because I can’t use all of the products I received. I did like Annie’s Bunny Grahams, the Raw Rev 100 bar, the Crystal towelettes, and the Weleda shampoo and conditioner.
**”Go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” -Maya Angelou
One thought on “April 2014 Conscious Box Review”
We got a box, and I was extremely disappointed as well. We paid $8 for a livingsocial deal for a box and it was hardly worth that much. It was mostly samples for health and beauty products, along with a few chocolate bars (shipped to Phoenix, in June) and I didn’t like most of the health and beauty stuff when I tried them.
Additionally, I cancelled my subscription the day that my first box arrived (July 1), and was told that I had to pay full price for another month since I had cancelled after the beginning of the month. Really?? They expect people to cancel BEFORE they get a box or be on the hook for an extra month? This is especially infuriating since I didn’t get the notice saying the box had shipped until 7/18, meaning that they clearly could have cancelled my next box on the first of the month. Yes, their FAQ says subscriptions must be canceled before the first or you get charged again, but this seems to border on deceptive to me. I contacted customer service and they stuck to the FAQ and charged me for the second box (which just arrived and was a bit better than the first, but still not worth $20).